- Curriculum & Subjects
- Computing & Digital Literacy and Business Studies
- Ethical Studies
- Performing Arts
- Physical Education
- Psychology (A level only)
- Travel & Tourism
- Examinations & Coursework Dates
- Learning Resource Centre
- Learning Resource Centre Events & News
- Learning Support SEN
- LEXIA Strategies
- Most Able Students
- Show My Homework
- Learning Gateway
- 20 October 2017 Are you having trouble logging on to the Learning Gateway?
- 11 October 2017 Learning Gateway Password Reset
- 28 September 2017 In Touch Issue with some Email Accounts
- 27 September 2017 CONSULTATION ON VARIATION OF ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2019
French helps students develop their language skills in a variety of contexts and a broad understanding of the culture of countries and communities where French is spoken. It encourages enjoyment of language learning and the recognition that language skills enable students to take their place in a multi-lingual global society.
Key Stage 3
At Key Stage 3, pupils have three lessons of French every week (each lesson lasts 50 minutes)
A 15 minutes learning homework is set every week.
Pupils use the Studio and Expo resources in Y7, Y8 and Y9.
Schemes of Work
Formal assessments are set every half-term (one different skill is tested every half-term) and we also informally assess pupils in class through vocabulary tests, spelling tests and self/peer assessment tasks.
Key Stage 4
At KS4, students have three lessons of French per week: a single (50 minutes) and a double (1h40).
Students follow the new French GCSE course by AQA.
Information and specifications about the course can be found on the AQA website: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/gcse/french-8658
The exam is split between 4 papers:
Each skill ways 25%. Students choose if they want to sit the Higher or Foundation exam.
Students are also formally assessed every half-term and we also complete past papers, writing and translation tasks in class.
- GCSE help club every Wednesday until 4pm
- French Exchange programme offered to our Y10 students.
Mrs M Judson Subject Leader in MFL
Mrs L Buckley Teacher of MFL
Mrs J Corbishley Teacher of MFL, Head of Year 8
Mrs C Lane Teacher of MFL