- Curriculum & Subjects
- Computing & Digital Literacy and Business Studies
- Ethical Studies
- Performing Arts
- Physical Education
- Psychology (A level only)
- Travel & Tourism
- Examinations & Coursework Dates
- Learning Resource Centre
- Learning Resource Centre Events & News
- Learning Support SEN
- LEXIA Strategies
- Most Able Students
- Show My Homework
- Learning Gateway
- 25 May 2017 Latest Edition of Weston Road News
- 23 May 2017 Meghan and Jasmine aim to be the next Stars of Staffs
- 22 May 2017 School Production: Our House
- 11 May 2017 Support Staff Vacancies
Travel & Tourism
Welcome to Travel and Tourism
Travel and Tourism is an exciting and interesting subject, taught by Miss Nicholls and Miss Knight during Year 10 and Year 11.
Travel and Tourism develops an understanding of all elements of the tourism industry. You will study a range of topics including tourist destinations and what they have to offer, to planning holidays for people with very different requirements. The subject is not a GCSE option but rather a BTEC resulting in a higher percentage of coursework contributing to the final grade (there is an exam element to the course).
Pupils are not able to study Travel and Tourism in Key Stage 3, but can choose it as one of their options in year 10 and year 11.