- Diary Dates
- News Listing
- World Book Day 7/03/2019
- Online Safety
- Exam Contingency Day
- GCSE 2018 Achievement
- Little Shop of Horrors Tickets
- FlipOut Year 9 Reward
- Forest School Scheme
- Kindness Challenge 4th February
- Primary Maths Team Challenge
- Weston Road News
- Term Dates and Inset Days
- Exam Results and Certificate Information
- Ofsted Letter to Parents
- News Archive
- Delight at GCSE Results
- Food Bank Appeal 2018
- After School Football
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ? Pupil Reports
- Westminster Visit 15th October 2018
- MacMillian Coffee Morning
- World Hello Day
- Delight as Ofsted report confirms academy remains 'good'
- Big Lottery Fund Grant - Forest School
- Y9 Immunisations 10 July 2018
- Anti-Bullying Week
- Weston Road Academy Winter Fair
- Year 7 Pupils Meet Paralympic Medalist Ian Marsden
- Sports Personality of the Year Awards
Adverse Weather Communication Procedure
Given the forecast for potential adverse weather conditions this week, we would like to remind parents of our procedures with regard to possible school closures.
We will attempt to open as normal wherever possible and will only resort to closure or early closure in exceptional circumstances. Should a decision be made to close the school, every effort will be made to contact and inform all parents as quickly as possible.
Mr Smith will communicate with parents via our InTouch messaging system and Radio Stoke 94.6FM, (104.1FM Stafford) or 1503kHz on MW will be contacted as a first priority, so that information can be given out in their regular bulletins.
The decision to close will also be posted on the Academy website (www.westonroad.staffs.sch.uk) and Twitter feed as soon as possible. Information will also be provided to Staffordshire County Council School Closure Notices (https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/education/schoolsandcolleges/emergencyclosures/schoolclosurelist/schoolclosurelist.aspx).
We appreciate that a decision to close can cause major inconvenience to parents, particularly parents of younger children. However, we need to consider the state of pathways, steps and slopes around the school, the condition of the main roads in the area (for staff and pupils’ access to school), whether heating, lighting and water services are functioning properly, whether catering can be provided, the availability of public transport and the immediate weather forecast.
We hope that we will not have to put these procedures into practice but ask for your forebearance and understanding if we do.
The Weston Road Academy