- CONSULTATION ON VARIATION OF ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2019
- Diary Dates
- News Listing
- Fantastic Results for Year 11 Pupils
- Year 7 Pupils Meet Paralympic Medalist Ian Marsden
- Term Dates and Inset Days
- Weston Road News
- Delight at GCSE Results
- Exam Results and Certificate Information
- Ofsted Letter to Parents
- Learning Gateway Password Reset
- Are you having trouble logging on to the Learning Gateway?
- 22 January 2018 Ofsted Letter to Parents - Inspection 23rd January 2018
- 9 January 2018 Science Teacher Vacancy
- 9 January 2018 English Teacher Vacancy
- 9 January 2018 Y7 & Y8 PE rewards evening Monday 5th February 2018
Weston Road Brave Shave Raises Over £1300 for Cancer Charity
Three plucky Year 11 pupils and their teacher from The Weston Road Academy have raised over £1300 for McMillan Cancer Support by taking part in a Brave The Shave event on Wednesday 9th November.
Brad Riches, Chris Southall, Jake Cooper-Grant, along with Dan McGurrin, Subject Leader for Art and Design Technology, were cheered on by their parents, fellow pupils and staff, as they underwent their hair raising transformations.
Following the event, Mr McGurrin commented: ‘The boys wanted to do something to make a difference and I knew I had to support them by joining in, the head shave event was a roaring success and I can’t quite believe the amount of money raised. I am so proud of the boys involved and of all of our pupils for supporting us all, we have all been affected by Cancer in some way and the money raised is going to a fantastic charity. Its days like today when I go home and realise how lucky I am to do the job I do’.
To find out more about Brave the Shave or to donate to Macmillan visit www.bravetheshave.org.uk