- CONSULTATION ON VARIATION OF ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2019
- Diary Dates
- News Listing
- Fantastic Results for Year 11 Pupils
- Year 7 Pupils Meet Paralympic Medalist Ian Marsden
- Term Dates and Inset Days
- Weston Road News
- Delight at GCSE Results
- Exam Results and Certificate Information
- Ofsted Letter to Parents
- Learning Gateway Password Reset
- Are you having trouble logging on to the Learning Gateway?
- 22 January 2018 Ofsted Letter to Parents - Inspection 23rd January 2018
- 9 January 2018 Science Teacher Vacancy
- 9 January 2018 English Teacher Vacancy
- 9 January 2018 Y7 & Y8 PE rewards evening Monday 5th February 2018
NOTICE TO PARENTS TRAVELLING BY CAR
Please disregard if your child travels by bus, taxi, minibus.
We were very fortunate to have the agreement with the University for many years, for parents to drop off/pick up at Beaconside, but unfortunately that seems to be no more since the new owners have fenced off the land, of which were unaware until it actually happened.
We are now in the same situation as all other high schools in Stafford who also have no facilities for parents to drop off/pick up.
The safe walkway remains along the Weston Road and parents should drop pupils off wherever is safe in the locality to access the safe walkway, though they may have a short walk, but there are pedestrian crossings to safely cross roads up that way. (Please note Hydrant Way cannot be used as it inconveniences the Fire and Rescue Service).
The rest of the email previously sent out outlined safely dropping off for parents coming in the other direction and ensuring they cross their children over the road where necessary.
We are on a corner, so there is a pedestrian access gate on both sides and pupils can use either to access the premises. However, with such busy roads surrounding our site we need to ensure parents get their children safely across the road in either direction and stop in a considerate manner so as not to inconvenience other road users or pedestrians.
Mrs Fletcher, Health and Safety Co-ordinator and the Leadership Team