- CONSULTATION ON VARIATION OF ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2019
- Diary Dates
- News Listing
- Fantastic Results for Year 11 Pupils
- Year 7 Pupils Meet Paralympic Medalist Ian Marsden
- Term Dates and Inset Days
- Weston Road News
- Delight at GCSE Results
- Exam Results and Certificate Information
- Ofsted Letter to Parents
- Learning Gateway Password Reset
- Are you having trouble logging on to the Learning Gateway?
- 22 January 2018 Ofsted Letter to Parents - Inspection 23rd January 2018
- 9 January 2018 Science Teacher Vacancy
- 9 January 2018 English Teacher Vacancy
- 9 January 2018 Y7 & Y8 PE rewards evening Monday 5th February 2018
Weston Road Pupil Honoured for 100 mile Mountain Bike Fundraiser
15-year-old Weston Road pupil Joe Yates has been nominated to receive a Young Fundraiser of the Year award from Cerebral Palsy Sport, after completing a mammoth 100-mile off-road mountain bike challenge on Cannock Chase and raising over £1100.
Joe successfully completed his solo challenge on 9th July, following several hours of torrential thundery downpours and some particularly testing ground conditions, which even a hardened mountain biker may have thought twice about.
Joe trained for several months prior to the event, putting in some serious training hours and miles showing incredible dedication and motivation. He also sought guidance from experts in the form of two locally based World and British Champions in endurance mountain bike racing, and their support crews.
Joe was supported along the way, by friends offering encouragement, fighting off cramp and inevitable fatigue to complete the journey whilst maintaining an amazing average speed of 12.5 mph.
Donations are still welcomed to add to Joe’s £1000 target via his fundraising page, which can be found at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/joeyates100
Well done Joe! We're all extremely proud of you.