- Free School Meals
- Exam and Coursework Information
- Homework & Show My Homework
- Letters to Parents
- Ofsted Parents View
- Parent Consultation Evenings
- Pastoral Care
- Reporting Student Absence
- Sports Fixtures
- Supporting Your Child's Wellbeing
- What your child will be learning in all subjects
- Year 10 GCSE Information Evening
- Year 11 Final Sprint
- 6 April 2017 PROBLEMS WITH LEARNING GATEWAY ACCESS
- 27 March 2017 Spring 2 Reports Now Available on the Learning Gateway
- 17 March 2017 We are collecting Sainsbury's Active Kids Vouchers
- 17 March 2017 Team Space Cadets Robotics Challenge UK Finalists
Year 7 Transitions
We understand that your child's transition into secondary school education can be a source of stress and concern. We aim to make the process as smooth as we possibly can for the pupils and for parents too.
Throughout the course of Years 5 and 6, pupils will have the opportunity to visit The Weston Road Academy, to take part in various activities such as ICT workshops, video conferences and taster lessons. These sessions are a chance for pupils to get used to their future surroundings and facilities. In addition, we have a full Induction Day for Year 6 pupils in July each year. This is a chance for pupils to experience a full day with us, so they know what to expect when they come to us in September. Pupils are given a special timetable and chaperoned by Year 11 Prefects as they become accustomed to life at The Weston Road Academy.
We also have a Parents Evening each June; this evening is a chance for parents to ask any questions they may have, and most importantly to meet their child's tutor. The evening is a parents only event, so please try to come alone if possible. During the evening parents will also be introduced to the pastoral team who will be taking care of the year group, have the chance to sample school meals, and view samples of the uniform.
The key dates for pupil transitions during 2016-17 are as follows:
2017/18 Academic Year
1st March 2017
Secondary School Offers Published
|20th June 2017||New Intake Parent's Evening|
|5th July 2017||Year 6 Full Day Taster Visit|
Each year we distribute 'Moving On' booklets to all Y6 future pupils and their parents. Please click on the files below to view samples of these booklets.