- Free School Meals
- Exam and Coursework Information
- Homework & Show My Homework
- Letters to Parents
- Ofsted Parents View
- Parent Consultation Evenings
- Pastoral Care
- Reporting Student Absence
- Sports Fixtures
- Pupil Wellbeing, Welfare and Safeguarding
- What your child will be learning in all subjects
- SIMS Parent
- Help Your Child Revise Evening Presentation
- 16 February 2018 February Edition of Weston Road News Now Available
- 8 February 2018 Delight as Ofsted report confirms academy remains 'good'
- 30 January 2018 The Weston Road Academy is the top A-Level state school locally
- 3 January 2018 Year 7 vs Year 8 futsal fixture this Friday
Year 7 Transitions
We understand that your child's transition into secondary school education can be a source of stress and concern. We aim to make the process as smooth as we possibly can for the pupils and for parents too.
Throughout the course of Years 5 and 6, pupils will have the opportunity to visit The Weston Road Academy, to take part in various activities such as ICT workshops, video conferences and taster lessons. These sessions are a chance for pupils to get used to their future surroundings and facilities. In addition, we have a full Induction Day for Year 6 pupils in July each year. This is a chance for pupils to experience a full day with us, so they know what to expect when they come to us in September. Pupils are given a special timetable and chaperoned by Year 11 Prefects as they become accustomed to life at The Weston Road Academy.
We also have a Parents Evening each June; this evening is a chance for parents to ask any questions they may have, and most importantly to meet their child's tutor. The evening is a parents only event, so please try to come alone if possible. During the evening parents will also be introduced to the pastoral team who will be taking care of the year group, have the chance to sample school meals, and view samples of the uniform.
The key dates for pupil transitions during 2017-18 are as follows:
|4th September 2017||Staffordshire School online applications open.|
|31st October 2017||Closing date for all applications.|
|1st March 2018||Offer of School places. Online applicants received an email, other will receive a written offer via second class post.|
|19th June 2018||New Intake Parent's Evening (Parent's only)|
|4th July 2018||Year 6 Full Day Taster visit|
Open Mornings 2017/18 (9.00 - 10am)
Wednesday 13th Dec
Wednesday 7th Feb
Wednesday 21st March
Wednesday 16th May
Wednesday 18th July
Each year we distribute 'Moving On' booklets to all Y6 future pupils and their parents. Please click on the files below to view samples of these booklets.