- Curriculum & Subjects
- Computing & Digital Literacy and Business Studies
- Ethical Studies
- Performing Arts
- Physical Education
- Psychology (A level only)
- Examination Dates and Timetable
- Learning Support SEN
- LEXIA Strategies
- Most Able Students
- Show My Homework
- Learning Gateway/Parent App
- 16 February 2018 February Edition of Weston Road News Now Available
- 8 February 2018 Delight as Ofsted report confirms academy remains 'good'
- 30 January 2018 The Weston Road Academy is the top A-Level state school locally
- 3 January 2018 Year 7 vs Year 8 futsal fixture this Friday
Key Stage 3:
- Overview Scheme of Learning Years 9 & 10 - Biology
- Overview Scheme of Learning Years 9 & 10 - Chemistry
- Overview Scheme of Learning Years 9 & 10 - Physics
Key Stage 4:
- Overview Scheme of Learning Year 11 - Physics
GCSE Past papers and Mark Schemes
Although science is sometimes regarded as 3 separate subjects: Biology Chemistry and Physics there is overlap between the subjects both in school and in the range of jobs incorporating Science. For example Opticians need the physics of lenses and the biology of the eye; Biochemistry explains the complex reactions that make up life whilst Physical chemistry is applied to cosmetic, pharmaceutical and pesticide product manufacture.
Pupils should ensure they come equipped to science lessons with pen (black), pencil, ruler, rubber and calculator. At GCSE and A Level a scientific calculator will be required. A selection of coloured pencil crayons would also be useful.
Safety Goggles and Lab coats.
These will be provided when needed. It is expected that pupils comply with wearing them when instructed.
The teaching and support staff are currently:
Mr C Evans Subject Leader in Science/Chemistry Lead
Mrs W Burn Teacher of Science
Mr G Hamblin Teacher of Science
Mrs M Holt Teacher of Science
Dr A Huson Teacher of Science/Physics Lead
Mr E James Teacher of Science
Mrs S Bell Teacher of Science/Biology Lead