- CONSULTATION ON VARIATION OF ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2019
- Diary Dates
- Learning Resource Centre News & Events
- News Listing
- Fantastic Results for Year 11 Pupils
- Year 7 Pupils Meet Paralympic Medalist Ian Marsden
- Term Dates and Inset Days
- Weston Road News
- Learning Gateway Password Reset
- Delight at GCSE Results
- Are you having trouble logging on to the Learning Gateway?
- 20 October 2017 Are you having trouble logging on to the Learning Gateway?
- 11 October 2017 Learning Gateway Password Reset
- 28 September 2017 In Touch Issue with some Email Accounts
- 27 September 2017 CONSULTATION ON VARIATION OF ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2019
Fantastic Results for Year 11 Pupils
This year The Weston Road Academy has seen great success and fantastic results across many subjects with some amazing individual performances.
The staff and governors want to pass on their congratulations to our Year 11 pupils following their amazing results. The Academy has achieved a 12% increase on last year’s results with 63% of pupils achieving A* - C in English and Maths whilst 77% achieved 5 A* - C, a 10% increase on last year. This was coupled with some really strong departmental performances at GCSE with: Photography, Music and Chemistry 100%, Art 94% and PE 93% A* - C. Also doing exceptionally well were English 74% and Maths with 71% A* - C. On top of this almost 40% of pupils who took History achieved A* or A grades.
There were some outstanding individual results for our most able pupils with 9 pupils achieving 8 or more A*-A grades. Three pupils achieved 4 A*’s and 5 A’s: Tom Daykin, Finley Morris and Alexandra Stewart.
There was also great success for pupils studying GCSE equivalent BTEC qualifications with 100% pass rates at C and above equivalents in Music and Drama.
Photo: Tom Daykin pictured with his father Adam.
Tom Daykin commented: "I wasn't expecting to get these grades but I worked really hard and did my best. I'm so pleased. I will be going into the sixth form in September and will have to think about what I would like to study as I now have more choice".
Tom's father Adam also commented: "I'm overwhelmed, this is an incredible achievement for Tom and has been richly deserved following the hard work that he has put in. I am very proud".
Acting Principal Andrew Locke commented: "We are extremely proud of our young people at Weston Road and this year’s results are a credit to the pupil’s hard work and effort over the two years of their courses. Their success is something to really shout about, and it is also testament to the extremely talented and hardworking staff we have at the Academy, who support them in and out of lessons so that every pupil has the opportunity to be the best they can be whatever their starting point or level of ability. It is this attention to detail and day to day support that achieves the results at the end of each course and makes the Academy such a great place to learn".