- News Listing
- Kindness Challenge 4th February
- FlipOut Year 9 Reward
- Little Shop of Horrors Tickets
- Forest School Scheme
- Primary Maths Team Challenge
- GCSE 2018 Achievement
- Mow Cop 'Killer Mile'
- The Weston Road News April 2019
- World Book Day 7/03/2019
- Exam Contingency Day
- Online Safety
- Weston Road News
- Term Dates and Inset Days
- Exam Results and Certificate Information
- Ofsted Letter to Parents
- News Archive
- Delight at GCSE Results
- Year 7 Pupils Meet Paralympic Medalist Ian Marsden
- After School Football
- Weston Road Academy Winter Fair
- MacMillian Coffee Morning
- Westminster Visit 15th October 2018
- Food Bank Appeal 2018
- Anti-Bullying Week
- World Hello Day
- Delight as Ofsted report confirms academy remains 'good'
- Y9 Immunisations 10 July 2018
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ? Pupil Reports
- Big Lottery Fund Grant - Forest School
- Sports Personality of the Year Awards
We would like to remind all parents about their child’s safe use of social media.
The Momo Challenge is a new ‘freaky game’ which has caused concern across the UK. Police are worried that the game targets young children on social media. The doll encourages them to add a contact on messaging service WhatsApp, then hounds them with violent images and dares. It encourages them to self-harm and the ultimate post tells them to take their own lives.
We encourage parents to:
Ensure they know what their children can access online
- Ensure children understand the importance of not giving personal information to anyone they do not know
- Tell their children no-one has the right to make them do anything they do not want to do
- Use parental controls to keep children safe
A very useful parents top tips guide has been produced by National Online Safety which is below for your information.